Luxury California Villas
California is the most visited state in the USA, and for good reason. Explore the cities, mountains, and beaches in our luxury California vacation rentals.
Luxurious California vacation rentals
Whether you’re heading to the Golden State for a city break or an escape to nature, find your perfect vacation rental in California here. From the breathtaking mountain landscapes of Lake and Tahoe and Mammoth Lakes, to the laid-back beach vibes of San Diego and Malibu and the glamorous desert resorts of the Greater Palm Springs Area, California is a land of contrast and wonder.
California vacation rentals of all styles and sizes
Our California vacation rentals come in all shapes and sizes, from quaint cabins in the mountains to grand mansions in city centers and charming seaside homes, there truly is something for everyone. With facilities including private pools, games rooms, home theatres, on-site staff, and more these villas have got all the features you could need for a luxurious vacation experience.
Popular Vacation Rentals
Los Angeles 164
San Diego 84
Lake Tahoe 54
Palm Springs 81
Mammoth Lakes 2
Beverly Hills 2
Bermuda Dunes 10
La Quinta 57
Joshua Tree 10
Does it snow in California?
How many cities are there in California?
How many national parks are in California?
When is the rainy season in California?
How many beaches are in California?
The best time to visit California
California is famous for having enviably mild weather all year round in many of its best destinations. Los Angeles, San Diego, Monterey, and Palm Springs remain warm and sunny even during the winter, making them ideal for a sunshine-filled break while other parts of the US shiver under blankets of snow. Winter is the best time to visit these places, particularly Palm Springs and California's other desert regions.
If you're craving snow and winter sports action, then the Sierra Nevada mountains resorts such as Lake Tahoe and Mammoth Lakes are also amazing winter destinations. They are also beautiful in the spring and fall when the landscape is painted by the bloom of wildflowers or fall leaves.
Food and drink in California
California is full of incredible food, with elements of classic America, Mexican, and international cuisines. There are a few must-try things in California. Cheeseburgers are one of them. There is nothing more iconic than an all-American cheeseburger, and California is particularly well-known for doing great ones. Amazing cheeseburgers can be found across the state, but In N Out Burgers are a long-time favorite among locals. You can find In N Outs across the state.
California's Mexican heritage has left a massive mark on the state's cuisine, and burritos are one of the dishes you absolutely must try while in the region. California burritos are wheat tortillas wrapped around a variety of fillings (for a uniquely Californian twist, try fish burritos with seafood fresh from the Pacific). San Diego is particularly known for fabulous burritos.
You cannot talk about food and drink in California without mentioning the world-famous Napa Valley wine region. Located in the north of the state, it is a haven for wine lovers, producing some of the finest wine in the world, and with many vineyards that you can visit, explore, sample, and purchase their amazing produce.
Flights to California
Driving in California
Trains in California
Things to do
- California is home to an array of thrilling theme parks. From the iconic Disneyland and Universal Studios Hollywood to the roller coasters of Six Flags Magic Mountain, there's endless fun for all ages.
- California is particularly well-served with world-class golf courses. The regions around Palm Springs in particular is home to hundreds of fantastic course for beginners and pros alike.
- California has got the largest number of national parks in the US, from the harsh desert of Death Valley to the teeming marine life of the Channel Islands.
- For movie fans, there is nowhere more iconic than Hollywood in Los Angeles. Visit to see the Walk Of Fame, the world-famous sign and maybe a few celebrities.
- California's diverse ecosystems offer incredible wildlife watching opportunities, from whale watching along the coast to observing sea lions, elephant seals, and seabirds, or spotting bears and mountain lions in national parks.
- California is renowned for its world-class vineyards. From the Napa Valley and Sonoma County to Paso Robles and Santa Barbara, visitors can explore picturesque vineyards, indulge in wine tastings, and savor the region's award-winning wines.
- California is blessed with stunning beaches along its coastline. From the golden sands of Malibu and Santa Monica to the surf breaks of Huntington Beach and the rugged beauty of Big Sur, there's a beach for every preference.
- California's deserts are a sight to behold. From the otherworldly landscapes of Joshua Tree National Park to the vast expanses of Death Valley, they offer a mesmerizing blend of natural beauty and solitude.
- California is a paradise for road trips. From the iconic Pacific Coast Highway to the scenic beauty of Highway 1, the majestic Yosemite National Park, and the rugged landscapes of Death Valley, there's an adventure waiting around every corner.
- California is home to breathtaking mountain ranges like the Sierra Nevada and the majestic peaks of the Cascade Range. With stunning vistas, hiking trails, and winter sports, they offer endless opportunities for outdoor adventure and exploration.
Luxury Vacation Rentals
A curated portfolio of the best vacation homes and villas in the world’s top destinations
Experienced vacation rental and villa experts to help you find the perfect home
Concierge & Support
Enjoy 5-star hotel concierge services and dedicated local support with every stay
Bring a little something extra special to your California vacation rental with our luxurious Travel Extras service. Whether you want a private chef to prepare gourmet meals for you and your family, tickets to Disneyland, airport transfers, or an in-home butler, if you can dream it, we can organize it for you.
Other US destinations
Beach vacation rentals California
Stay only moments away from some incredible beaches with our range of beach vacation rentals California. With sprawling views of the ocean, incredible sunsets, and incredible locations close to the sandy shore, there’s something for everyone. Our beach vacation rentals California not only offer fantastic ocean-front locations, but also luxury amenities including pet-friendly facilities, beach rental equipment, and much more.
Our California beach vacation rentals are located along the picturesque Pacific coastline, from popular destinations like San Diego and Los Angeles to hidden gems like Monterey. With a wide range of options available, you can choose a rental that suits your preferences and budget, whether you're seeking a cozy retreat for a romantic escape or a spacious home for a family gathering.
Discover beach vacation rentals California
San Diego 106
San Diego 26
San Diego 207
San Diego 196
San Diego 231
San Diego 66
San Diego 132
San Diego 140
California vacation rentals by number of bedrooms
Cabin rentals California
When you think of California, is it sparkling water and idyllic beaches that come to mind? What if we told you there were also rustic, lake-side adventures to be had here too, with quaint and charming cabins waiting to welcome you home? For a truly tranquil escape, explore our cabin rentals, California, all nestled in lush foliage, close to some incredible mountains and offering some fantastic hikes and rejuvenating nature trails, where you will feel at one with nature and worlds away from the hustle and bustle of reality.
We have mountain lodgings perfect for ski breaks and lake cabins in California in some of the state's most breathtaking ladscapes. Explore your surroundings, curl up next to a blazing hearth, or welcome the night in as you relax in your private hot tub – life moves slower here.
Find cabin rentals California
Mammoth Lakes 16
Lake Tahoe 49
Mammoth Lakes 94
Lake Tahoe 13
Lake Tahoe 127
Lake Tahoe 54
Mammoth Lakes 15
Mammoth Lakes 32
Lake Tahoe 118
Lake Tahoe 135
Mammoth Lakes 21
Mammoth Lakes 3
California vacation rentals with pools
As a state some amazing sunny weather, California vacations are all about enjoying the great outdoors, but not scrimping on a bit of luxury. That's where our California vacation rentals with pools come in. These exquisite homes are just perfect for groups, families, and couples, and with amazing outdoor spaces with large private pools, hot tubs, indoor pools, and even glamorous infinity edge pools, you'll be spoilt for choice when it comes to picking your swimming spot.
In addition to the pools, these California vacation rentals feature outdoor living spaces, such as patios, decks, or balconies, where you can bask in the California sunshine, savor alfresco meals, or unwind with a good book. Many properties also offer additional amenities like hot tubs and barbecue areas, creating unforgettable vacation experiences in the Golden State.