Discover the allure of Venice, Italy, with our exquisite vacation rentals. Immerse yourself in Venetian culture while indulging in luxury accommodations.
Vacation Rentals Venice Italy
Whether you’re dreaming of curling up in a gondola on a romantic trip for two, or planning on taking your little ones to explore one of the most iconic cities in Europe, Venice is the perfect destination for every type of traveler. Enjoy some of the finest pizza and pasta in the world near the Piazza San Marco, wander the streets to see if you can spot some quintessential Venetian architecture, and lazily drift along the canals in your own traghetto.
When you’re done sampling the delights of Venice, make sure you have your dream villa to come back to after a long day of exploring, so you can feel at home in this glittering gem of a city. With villas that offer breath-taking canal views, and even alfresco dining areas inches from the lapping water, these homes are truly unforgettable. Our opulent homes are steeped in history and an aura of pure magnificence, located only moments from famous sights, cultural landmarks and delectable restaurants, for everything you need for a perfect stay in “The Floating City.”
Where is Venice?
How deep are the canals in Venice?
How far is Rome from Venice?
What is Venice called in Italian?
How many bridges are there in Venice?
How many days do I need in Venice?
What is Venice Italy best known for?
How much is a gondola ride in Venice?
The best time to visit Venice
Venice, a timeless masterpiece of a city cradled by its intricate network of canals, offers a unique and enchanting experience throughout the year. The best time to visit this captivating Italian city depends on your preferences and interests.
Spring, from April to June, unveils Venice's charm as flowers bloom along its picturesque bridges and squares. The weather is pleasantly mild, ideal for leisurely gondola rides and exploring historic sites without the summer crowds. The Venice Biennale, an international art exhibition, also takes place during this period, attracting art enthusiasts from around the world.
Summer, spanning from July to September, is the peak tourist season when Venice truly comes alive. The city brims with vibrant festivals, outdoor events, and al fresco dining. Although crowds are larger and prices slightly higher, the allure of Venice's sun-soaked streets and bustling waterways is undeniable. Strolling through St. Mark's Square or enjoying a gondola serenade becomes an experience unlike any other.
For those seeking a more serene escape, consider visiting during the fall months, from October to November. The crowds thin out, the weather remains pleasant, and the city exudes a quieter, reflective atmosphere. The Venice Film Festival, held in late August to early September, adds a touch of glamour to this period, drawing both film enthusiasts and celebrities.
Winter, from December to February, casts a magical spell over Venice. Although the weather is colder, the city's historic charm takes center stage as mist shrouds the canals, creating an ethereal ambiance. Fewer tourists allow for more intimate exploration of iconic landmarks, while the Carnevale di Venezia, an extravagant masked ball, transforms the city into a fairy-tale wonderland.
Food and drink in Venice
Indulging in the culinary delights of Venice is a sensory journey that captures the essence of this enchanting city. Renowned for its unique fusion of Italian and Adriatic flavors, Venice offers a gastronomic experience that's as captivating as its canals. From charming canal-side bistros to elegant trattorias tucked away in picturesque squares, the city's dining scene is a treasure trove of unforgettable moments.
Venice's seafood prowess takes center stage, reflecting its maritime heritage. Delight in the freshest catches transformed into masterpieces like Sarde in Saor, marinated sardines with sweet and sour notes, and Risotto al Nero di Seppia, a jet-black squid ink risotto. Wander through the bustling Rialto Market to witness the vibrant display of locally sourced produce and engage in the timeless ritual of selecting ingredients for a memorable meal.
Pairing delectable dishes with exceptional local wines is a Venetian tradition that elevates any dining experience. Sip on the region's crisp and aromatic Prosecco while savoring delectable cicchetti, the city's answer to tapas, offered in charming bacari (wine bars). Dive into the world of Venetian wines with a glass of rich and velvety Amarone, or enjoy a refreshing Aperol Spritz, a signature cocktail that perfectly complements Venice's enchanting atmosphere.
Save room for the grand finale – Venetian desserts are a true celebration of sweet indulgence. Savor the delicate layers of a Tiramisu, relish the nutty richness of a classic Baicoli biscuit, or delve into the heavenly decadence of a Fritelle, a luscious fried doughnut typically enjoyed during Carnival season.
Airports near Venice
How to get to Venice city from the airport
Getting around Venice by water
Getting around Venice by foot
Things to do in Venice
- Saint Mark's Square is an iconic piazza known for its stunning Basilica, elegant architecture, historic cafes, and bustling atmosphere. The square is the pulsating heart of the city, surrounded by marvels of history and architecture.
Saint Mark's Square
- Yes, really! By far the best way to see Venice is to get off the busy tourist streets and get gloriously lost in the labyrinthine backstreets for a taste of authentic Venice.
- Is it cliched? A little, but if you're a first-timer, can you really say that you've 'done Venice' without catching a ride in these iconic vessels, serenaded by your skilled gondolier as you glide through the waterways of the city?
Take a gondola ride
- Arguably the best view of the Grand Canal the domes of the city are found on the Ponte Dell'Accademia bridge. Top tip: get there for sunrise for otherworldly light conditions and fewer crowds.
Admire the view from the Ponte Dell'Accademia
- The Doge's Palace is a stunning Gothic palace renowned for its intricate architecture, rich history, and role as a symbol of Venetian power and culture, and is one of the most famous and grandiose buildings int he city. .
Visit the Doge's Palace
- Get away from the bustle of central Venice with a trip to nearby islands. Burano is a colorful island known for its vibrant houses and lace-making tradition. Murano is famous for its glass-making heritage, producing intricate glass art and crafts.
Take a day trip to Burano and Murano
- Climbing the Campanile di San Marco offers a breathtaking view of Venice's iconic skyline. The ascent reveals intricate architecture and a panoramic vista, capturing the city's beauty and history in a singular experience.
Climb the Campanile di San Marco
- Gazing upon the Bridge of Sighs, one feels the weight of history etched into its stone arches. This Venetian masterpiece whispers tales of imprisoned souls and connects the realms of freedom and captivity with timeless elegance.
Pass by the Bridge of Sighs
- St. Mark's Basilica, a masterpiece in Venice, Italy, marveled for its Byzantine architecture. Gleaming mosaics adorn its interior, telling stories of art and history. A timeless symbol of Venice's grandeur, inviting awe and reverence.
Marvel at St Mark's Basilica
Travel Planners to help you find the perfect vacation rental and enhance your stay with a range of Travel Extras.
Giving you the world's best homes and destinations in trending hot spots
Excellence as standard giving you what you deserve at every stay
Venice villas with staff and Travel Extras
Indulge in the ultimate Venetian getaway with Top Villas' collection of opulent Venice villas, each designed to offer you a private haven of luxury and comfort. From the moment you step foot in your chosen villa, you'll be greeted by a dedicated team of professional housekeeping staff who are devoted to making your stay exceptional.
At Top Villas, we believe in going above and beyond to create extraordinary vacations. That's why we offer a range of carefully curated Travel Extras and Concierge service to enhance your Venice experience. Imagine embarking on a romantic gondola ride along the city's enchanting canals, serenaded by the soft melodies of a local musician. Or perhaps you'd like to delve into the artistic heritage of Venice with a tour of the world-renowned museums and galleries.
Whether you're celebrating a special occasion, seeking a family retreat, or desiring a romantic escape, our Travel Extras allow you to customize your Venice getaway to match your preferences. Elevate your stay with these exclusive offerings and create cherished memories that will last a lifetime.
Other destinations in Italy
Venetian villas on the Grand Canal
It doesn't get more iconic than Venice's majestic Grand Canal. The canal is the floating city's highway, it's soul and it's most romantic and famous feature, and with a stay in many of our Venice villas, you can wake up everyday with a view of this incredible waterway.
Our Venice villas on the Grand Canal are some of the best located vacation rentals in the city, within walking distance of the city's best attractions, and with unbeatable views of the hustle and bustle of daily Venetian life on the water.
Venice villas by number of bedrooms
Villas in Venice with hot tubs
Whether you're exploring the winding alleyways, visiting the islands and islets or viewing landmarks from a boat on the canals, you'll probably be covering some serious miles in Venice. After a busy day out and about in this wonderful city, a villa with a hot tub is just the thing for relaxing, unwinding and soothing weary muscles.
Our villas in Venice with hot tubs are ideal for winding down from the excitement of the day, in hot, bubbly, rejuvenating water, adding an extra luxurious element to your Venetian vacation