Whether wandering the streets of London or exploring the rolling hills and countryside, stay in a top-notch luxury vacation rental to complete your trip.
UK Vacation Rentals
Encompassing 4 countries and a massive variety of landscapes, history, and culture, the UK is a vacation destination that packs a lot into 93,630 square miles. Whether it’s the bustling multiculturalism of cities such as London, Birmingham, or Manchester, destinations dripping with history like Canterbury and Oxford, or wild and wonderful places in the Scottish Highlands or the Yorkshire Moors, there are many unique and fascinating places to visit on a vacation in the United Kingdom.
Our UK vacation rentals are ideal for all of your holiday needs. Stay in beautiful British locations, in utterly glorious style and comfort with our vacation homes. You will feel like you have stepped straight into a Jane Austen novel with a stay in one of our rustic cottages, nestled in the heart of the beautiful rolling countryside. Sip tea as you settle down with a book in your stunning garden, or head out to explore the local area; a visit to the UK is the perfect time to reconnect; both with yourself, your loved ones, and the world around you. You can even add on exquisite Travel Extras, such as private chefs, chauffeurs, and maid service to take your trip to the next luxurious level.
Popular Vacation Rentals
Is Great Britain the same as the United Kingdom?
How many countries in the UK?
What is the capital of the United Kingdom?
How big is the UK?
How big is the UK compared to the US?
What continent is the UK in?
How far is the UK from the US?
Does it snow in the UK?
Can you drive from the UK to France?
The best time to visit the UK
Spring in the UK, from March to May, offers mild temperatures and blooming landscapes, making it an excellent time for outdoor enthusiasts. You can wander through lush gardens, take scenic hikes, and explore historical sites without the crowds and sweltering heat of summer.
Summer, spanning from June to August, is a popular time for tourists due to the warm weather and extended daylight hours. It's the ideal period for beach lovers, as the UK's coastal regions come to life. You can bask in the sun, enjoy picnics in the countryside, and attend various outdoor events and festivals that take place throughout the nation.
Autumn, from September to November, paints the UK in a mesmerizing palette of colors. The crisp air and falling leaves create a picturesque backdrop for exploring castles, forests, and charming villages. Plus, it's a quieter time to visit, allowing for a more intimate connection with the local culture and history.
Finally, winter, from December to February, offers a unique charm as the UK transforms into a winter wonderland. While temperatures are cooler, you can cozy up in charming pubs, indulge in hearty British cuisine, and immerse yourself in the festive spirit, with Christmas markets and decorations brightening up the streets. It's an excellent opportunity to experience the UK's cultural warmth during the colder months.
Food and drink in the UK
The United Kingdom is renowned for its diverse culinary landscape, offering a tapestry of flavors that reflect its rich history and multicultural influences. British cuisine, while often associated with hearty comfort food, has evolved into a global gastronomic melting pot. From the savory allure of fish and chips enjoyed along seaside promenades to the comforting warmth of a traditional Sunday roast, the UK's culinary scene offers a unique and satisfying experience.
One cannot discuss British food without mentioning the ever-popular afternoon tea. This cherished tradition has woven its way into the hearts of locals and travelers alike. Delicate finger sandwiches, freshly baked scones with clotted cream and jam, and a selection of aromatic teas create an indulgent, quintessentially British experience. Whether enjoyed in a quaint tearoom or a grand historic hotel, afternoon tea provides a delightful interlude to one's day.
When it comes to beverages, the UK has a thriving pub culture. Authentic pubs, with their cozy atmospheres, serve as gathering places where friends and strangers come together over pints of cask ale or a classic gin and tonic. The country also boasts a burgeoning craft beer scene, with microbreweries producing innovative and diverse brews. For those with a penchant for history, a visit to a whiskey distillery in Scotland is a must, allowing visitors to savor the smoky, complex flavors of single malt Scotch.
Additionally, the UK's cities offer a tantalizing array of international cuisines, reflecting the nation's multiculturalism. From Indian curries in London's Brick Lane to delectable Chinese dim sum in Manchester's Chinatown, the country's urban centers showcase a vibrant culinary tapestry that celebrates the world's flavors. Whether you're seeking traditional British fare or global gastronomic adventures, the UK's food and drink scene offers a rich and diverse tapestry of flavors to savor during your travels.
Major airports in the UK
Driving in the UK
Trains in the UK
Buses in the UK
Cycling in the UK
Walking in the UK
Underground and tube trains in the UK
Trams in the UK
Things to do in the UK
- London, a global metropolis, beckons with its iconic landmarks, diverse culture, and historic charm. From Buckingham Palace to the Thames River, explore this dynamic city's endless treasures and unique experiences.
- Stonehenge, an enigmatic Neolithic monument in England, stands as an enduring mystery. Composed of massive stone pillars, it's a UNESCO World Heritage site and a symbol of ancient British history.
- Shakespeare's Globe, a historic London theater, echoes the Bard's timeless works. Its thatched roof and open-air stage transport visitors to the Elizabethan era, where Shakespearean classics come to life.
- Canterbury, a historic city in southeast England, boasts a stunning cathedral, medieval charm, and cobbled streets. It's a cultural and historical gem, drawing visitors to its timeless allure.
- Mount Snowdon, the highest peak in Wales, offers breathtaking vistas. Ascending its slopes rewards hikers with awe-inspiring scenery, showcasing the rugged beauty of Snowdonia National Park. A must for adventure seekers.
- Oxford and Cambridge, renowned UK cities, exude academic prestige and historic beauty. Home to world-class universities, their timeless architecture and tranquil riverside settings inspire countless scholars and travelers alike.
Oxford and Cambridge
- Loch Ness, Scotland's enigmatic freshwater lake, is famous for its deep, dark waters and the enduring legend of the Loch Ness Monster, captivating the imagination of visitors from around the world.
- The White Cliffs of Dover, iconic chalk cliffs along the English Channel, stand as a natural marvel. These towering, brilliant cliffs have symbolized Britain's resilience and beauty for centuries.
White Cliffs of Dover
- Bath, a UNESCO World Heritage city, exudes Georgian elegance with its Roman baths, stunning architecture, and lush countryside. It's a timeless destination that marries history and natural beauty effortlessly.
- Giant's Causeway, a geological wonder on Northern Ireland's coast, is made of stunning hexagonal basalt columns formed by ancient volcanic activity. Its otherworldly beauty attracts visitors from across the globe.
- The Lake District, England's natural masterpiece, boasts stunning lakes, majestic mountains, and lush valleys. It's a haven for outdoor enthusiasts, offering hiking, boating, and breathtaking vistas, making it an idyllic escape.
The Lake District
Travel Planners to help you find the perfect vacation rental and enhance your stay with a range of Travel Extras.
Giving you the world's best homes and destinations in trending hot spots
Excellence as standard giving you what you deserve at every stay
UK vacation rentals with Travel Extras
Discover the allure of UK vacation rentals enhanced with exclusive Travel Extras. Our curated collection of vacation homes across the United Kingdom offers an exceptional blend of comfort and convenience. Each property is thoughtfully selected to provide an unforgettable stay, while our Travel Extras elevate your holiday experience to new heights.
Beyond the luxury accommodations, our Travel Extras bring an added layer of convenience, from personal Concierge services to private transfers, ensuring you can truly relax and enjoy your stay.
Indulge in the culinary delights of the UK with our dining options. Savor traditional British cuisine or explore international flavors at nearby restaurants. Our Travel Extras also offer the convenience of in-home chef services, allowing you to enjoy a gourmet meal prepared just for you and your loved ones in the comfort of your vacation rental.
Outdoor enthusiasts will appreciate our adventure-focused Travel Extras. Whether it's arranging guided hikes through the stunning British countryside or booking tee times at renowned golf courses, we cater to your desire for adventure.
Destinations in the UK
Charming cottage rentals in the UK
There are few things more delightful than a traditional British cottage. These homes are in beautiful countryside locations and are steeped in history, with authentic features and decor making it seem as though you’ve stepped back in time. That’s not to say that these cottage rentals don’t come with all the mod cons as well; they strike a perfect balance between charmingly authentic and luxurious.
The homes feature large, comfortable living spaces, fully equipped kitchens, and beautiful outdoor spaces. The British weather might not always be predictable, but when it’s good, there is nowhere better to enjoy it than in an English country garden.