- Sleeps maximum 12/18
- 7 bedrooms + 1 children's dormitory, 7 bathrooms, 10 WCs
- PRIVATE 16m x 5m HEATED POOL WITH JACUZZI
- POOLSIDE BAR, DINING, SUMMER KITCHEN & MOROCCAN STYLE SEATING AREA
- SHORT WALK TO LOCAL VILLAGE
- NO SMOKING at this villa
Good to know
- Montaren 2 mins drive or 10-15 min walk.
- Uzes 2.5 miles.
- Nimes airport 18 miles.
- Avignon TGV 26 miles.
- Montpellier & coast 54 miles.
- Gorge de l'Ardeche within 2 hours.
- Golf course & tennis available locally.
This luxury Provence villa was built in 1840 on land formerly owned by the Duchy of Uzes. The Domaine des Anges is an elegant vila set around a wonderful garden courtyard in the midst of vineyards and fields of wheat and sunflowers, yet is just 10 minutes' walk to the local village of Montaren. It has been carefully renovated by local craftsmen to ensure it retains its original splendour, and the addition of a fabulous pool area with Moroccan style outdoor living, bar, summer kitchen and dining ensures this wonderful setting can be enjoyed to the full.
Montaren has a bakery, post office and newsagents selling English papers. The delightful town of Uzes, declared a City of Art and History in 2008, is just 2.5 miles away from this luxury Provence villa. A market on the famous "Place aux Herbes" offers all regional products including pottery, truffles, wines, aspargus, olives and oil. There is the splendid castle of the Duc, and a cathedral as well as the usual offering of shops, cafes and restaurants.
The iconic Pont du Gard is just 20 minutes' drive. The Camargue and the Mediterranean are a 45 minute drive, whilst 25 minutes away are the dramatic mountains and canyons of the Cevennes, and the fast flowing rivers of the Ardeche.
This luxury Provence villa is a no smoking property.
- Very large living room , feature fireplace, (CD), doors onto terrace
- Dining room, large fireplace, doors onto terrace.
- Second living room, vaulted ceiling, feature fireplace, large arched doors to courtyard, (TV,Video,CD).
- Well equipped kitchen/breakfast room, doors onto terrace:
- Double/twin bedroom suite (1.80m or 2 x 0.90m), vaulted ceiling, living area with fireplace, ensuite bathroom, WC
- 3 guest WCs.
- Double/twin bedroom (1.80m or 2 x 0.90m), ensuite bathroom, WC
- Double bedroom (1.60m), ensuite bathroom , WC
- Double bedroom (1.80m), beamed ceiling, ensuite bathroom, WC
- Double/twin bedroom (1.80m or 2 x 0.90m), ensuite bathroom , WC. This room can interconnect to a double bedroom (1.80m) which exits onto garden and has an ensuite bathroom, WC
- Twin bedroom (0.90m), adjoining children's bedroom (4 x 0.90m).
- Separate bathroom, WC
- 2 acres of grounds enclosed by a stone wall with mature trees. Large lawn. Large 16m x 5m heated pool (Roman steps). Pool house with Moroccan-style summer living area, bar, summer kitchen, large covered dining terrace.
- Please note: there is a small unprotected fountain in the courtyard. By prior arrangement, it can be drained of its normal 40 cm depth of water.
- Caretakers live in an independent cottage overlooking the vegetable garden.
- 3 hours maid service per day, 5 days per week, Monday - Friday.
- WiFi internet.
- Solar pool & jacuzzi heating.
- Winter heating.
All villas come equipped with bed linen and towels, cutlery, utensils and usual furnishings required for a self catering rental. All villas have a final clean included (this is a clean that reflects reasonable use of the property). Unless specified, villas will usually have a washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and other modern conveniences. These are not usually specifically listed on the property description online, however please ask if the presence of one of these items is important to your stay.