- Sleeps 12
- 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 3 shower rooms, 4 WCs
- PRIVATE 12m x 5.5m SALT WATER POOL
- LOVELY VIEWS
Good to know
- Les Baux-de-Provence, 1.25 miles.
- Mausanne les Alpilles, 2 miles.
- Avignon (TGV), 19 miles.
- Nimes airport, 40 minutes.
- Arles, 11 miles.
- Marseille airport, 50 miles.
- Golf, walking, cycling, horse riding nearby.
St Remy de Provence luxury villa - Les Pierres Blanches is a newly-built, modern villa in an ancient setting, sitting in almost 750 acres of vineyards, one of the largest wine domaines in the region bordering the beautiful village of Les Baux de Provence in Les Alpilles.
It is tastefully decorated and furnished, and boasts beautiful views not only of the Alpilles mountains but also of the ruined castle which dominates the landscape surrounding Les Baux. The castle can be traced back to the 10th century. It was finally destroyed by the local people in 1632 to bring an end to the centuries of conflicts, revolts, sieges and wars of religion which had taken place there. Today, quaint artisan shops and restaurants line the tiny cobbled streets. A wider range of amenities can be found at Mausanne les Alpilles and at St-Remy-de-Provence, birthplace of Nostradamus, both of which are within easy reach of this Les Baux de Provence villa.
25 minutes drive north from this Les Baux de Provence villa is the medieval Papal city of Avignon, now a UNESCO World Heritage site and site of the world' s biggest gothic palace. The city of Arles is just to the south with an impressive Roman arena, once holding 20,000 spectators. This is the gateway to the wetlands of the Camargue with its diverse wildlife ranging from pink flamingos to white horses and black fighting bulls.
Split level ground floor:
- Study, open fireplace, large arched doors onto pergola terrace.
- Spacious living room, open fireplace, large arched doors onto garden with magnificent views across the estate to the historic ruins of Les Baux de Provence.
- Large kitchen/dining room, door to pergola-covered terrace for outdoor dining.
- Steps up to master bedroom suite (1.60m), large arched doors onto garden with views of Les Baux, ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower, WC.
- Steps down from hall to TV room (TV,DVD,video,CD) doors to front garden.
- Guest WC.
- Twin/double bedroom (2 x 0.90m or 1.80m), ensuite bathroom, doors to garden.
- 2 x twin/double bedrooms (2 x 0.90m or 1.80m), each with doors to garden & ensuite shower rooms.
- Second guest WC.
- Double bedroom (1.60m) ensuite shower room.
- Separate WC.
- Twin/double bedroom (2 x 0.80m or 1.60m), bathroom, balcony window and doors to roof terrace.
Set in 750 acres of working vineyards with views of the Alpilles and the ruins of Les Baux de Provence. Large areas of gently sloping lawn. 12m x 5.5m salt-water swimming pool set away from the house with a pergola for shade. Pergola-covered dining terrace, barbecue. Boules pitch. Ample parking.
- 3 hours mid-week maid service.
- ADSL Internet.
- Winter Heating, October - April.
- Additional maid service, 25 euros per hour.
All villas come equipped with bed linen and towels, cutlery, utensils and usual furnishings required for a self catering rental. All villas have a final clean included (this is a clean that reflects reasonable use of the property). Unless specified, villas will usually have a washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and other modern conveniences. These are not usually specifically listed on the property description online, however please ask if the presence of one of these items is important to your stay