When looking for the best time to visit the Caribbean, knowing the cheapest month to go to the Caribbean will open the door to some truly remarkable places, at a fraction of the cost. Dip into a quieter time, where you can enjoy the beach to yourself and taste the authentic appeal of a more laid-back Island.
The Caribbean has two main seasons — the high (pricey) season from mid-December through mid-April and the low (cheaper) season from May/June through November. There are are also two shoulder seasons in the spring and fall.
Within the low season, May – June and also September – October are considered the cheapest months to visit the Caribbean. There are some factors though that you will want to consider before booking for this time of year:
- Firstly, the low season brings with its more rain showers — so be prepared to pack your brolly and anorak! Expect average daily temperatures to still be in the 80s (27°). If you don’t mind the occasional downpour or extra humidity, then you’ll enjoy your cost-effective Caribbean stay with a smile.
- Secondly it is important to know that the low season from June through November is also Atlantic hurricane season. So bear this in mind when searching for suitable travel insurance to cover your trip. Of course, the southern Caribbean Islands such as Barbados, Aruba, Trinidad and Tobago, and Curacao rarely encounter hurricanes, so you may wish to stay there.
- Lastly, the low season brings with it restricted hours of operation and some closures of tourist attractions, tours and Island amenities. If you’re new to the Caribbean then you may prefer to enjoy the tourist buzz of the high season, or preferably the shoulder months in spring and fall, which will be cheaper than the high season and promise more visitor amenities and less crowds.
Stay with Top Villas
Whichever time you decide to stay on a Top Villas Caribbean Island, you’re guaranteed a first-class service. For the ultimate indulgence, choose one of our luxury condos or fully staffed villas. You’ll find our Guest Experience team also on hand to help enhance your stay, with a plethora of amazing travel extras.
What’s more, we make payments a breeze. Our new Affirm credit payment option* means you can spread the cost of your vacation rental over a 3, 6 or 12 month period. Simply look out for properties with the Affirm banner.
*Subject to meeting Affirm’s credit criteria. T’s & C’s apply.
Choosing our flex homes
Many of our Caribbean villa rentals also benefit from our new flex cancellation policy. You’ll be free to cancel within the specificed time for any reason, for a full refund. Alternatively, amend your travel dates for free.
To benefit from this extra peace-of-mind, reserve a vacation home with one of the following badges:
- Flex 14 – Cancel for a full refund or amend your dates free of charge, up to 14 days before check in.*
- Flex 30 – Cancel for a full refund or amend dates free of charge, up to 30 days before check in.*
*T’s & C’s apply.