With the world reopening once more, a trip to Disneyland in California has never been more exciting or well deserved. To stay in the loop with what’s going on at this dynamic, exciting park, check back regularly for all of the latest Disneyland news and updates
Disneyland News and Updates
- The monorail is closing January 24th for refurbishment. There is currently no expected date for reopening.
- Park passes have been replenished for Disneyland Resort Magic Key holders.
- The Magic Key Holder celebration month starts in February!
- Two restaurants are due to close at Downtown Disney; the Earl of Sandwich on January 24th, and Sugar Boo Co, on January 16th
- However, at the Salt and Straw in Downtown Disney, 5 new vegan flavours of ice cream have been introduced.
- New snacks in time for Valentine’s day are now available to enjoy from counters around the park.
Shows and Parades
- Popular shows Fantasmic! and World of Color are set to make a comeback in 2022, having been previously suspended.
- The Main Street Electrical Parade is returning in 2022, in time for the park’s 50th anniversary.
- The Magic Band + is set to make its debut in 2022. A wearable device that comes alive at certain points in the park to enhance your experience, helping you to remain hands-free for park entry, guest room entry, shopping, dining, and more.
- Spiderman and Dr Strange are now meeting together in the Avengers campus.
Rides and Experiences
- An incredible, brand new virtual reality experience has recently opened in Downtown – Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge. Roam Galaxy’s Edge in complete VR, available for all park guests over the age of 13.
- Decorate your own Mickey Mouse gingerbread snack at Disney’s California Adventure.