When looking to go snorkeling in the Caribbean you may already by a keen fan of the sport, or a novice looking to try it.
Whatever your ability, snorkeling allows swimmers the incredible opportunity to see the vibrant waterworld and coral reefs below the surface of the Caribbean Sea. No experience will be as memorable as switching off from the world and meeting the native Island sealife up close, in their own unique environment. We bring you our top 5 snorkeling spots in the Caribbean. Get ready to soak up some unforgettable vacation memories!
The best 5 places to snorkel in the Caribbean
- Antigua — dive into a snorkeler’s paradise! With calm, clear waters enlivened by shoals of tropical fish and wonderful sea anemones, you’ll enjoy a mesmerizing experience. Coral fans will be delighted to spot many types of elk and brain coral. You will find the best snorkeling spots in Antigua on Bird Island and at Cades Reef.
- Aruba — with seriously shallow waters packed with underwater treasures, you won’t be stuck for snorkeling spots here. Take in the impressive 400-ft long Antilla shipwreck (found in 60-ft deep water). The site is home to groupers, eels, octupus and shoals of tropical fish.
- Grand Cayman, the Cayman Islands — the easy 4m (13-ft deep) diving site at Stingray City is perfect for snorkeling. As the name suggests, you’ll be surrounded in the clear waters by a fever of friendly stingrays! Take them in as they gently and serenely glide past. The experience will leave you enthralled. Another great shallow snorkeling spot is the Wreck of the Cali. With tropical fish and resident octupus, eels and sea urchins to spot, it offers a great snorkeling destination for families.
- St Martin – Saint Maarten — you’ll find the best snorkeling spots in St. Martin on the French side of the Island. The protected calm waters showcase the local marine life to its fullest, with swarms of exotic colored fish to take in. You’ll find plenty of shallow reefs to explore off the idyllic small coves in the northeastern nature reserve.
- St Vincent & The Grenadines — just off the sweeping pearly white beaches you’ll be blessed with an endless supply of snorkeling opportunities. The 1-mile (1.5km) reef stretching along the Island of Canouan boasts a plethora of colorful fish and brain coral. Palm Islands and Petit St. Vincent also offer world-class snorkeling spots. Look out for squid, eels, seahorses and more in the reef around St. Vincent. Or why not head to the Island’s famous Bat Cave for a unique experience? There you’ll snorkel in a half-submerged cave, home to…you guessed it, hundreds of native bats!
Stay with Top Villas
Whichever Top Villas Caribbean Island you stay on, you’re guaranteed a first-class service. For the ultimate indulgence, select one of our fully staffed villas. Our Guest Experience team will also enhance your stay, thanks to a host of amazing travel extras.
Plus we strive to make payments a breeze. Our new Affirm credit payment option* means you can spread the cost of your vacation rental over a 3, 6 or 12 month period. Simply look out for properties with the Affirm banner.
*Subject to meeting Affirm’s credit criteria. T’s & C’s apply.
Choosing our flex homes
Many of our Caribbean villa rentals also benefit from our new flex cancellation policy. You’ll be free to cancel within the specificed time for any reason, for a full refund. Alternatively, amend your travel dates for free.
To benefit from this extra peace-of-mind, reserve a vacation home with one of the following badges:
- Flex 14 – Cancel for a full refund or amend your dates free of charge, up to 14 days before check in.*
- Flex 30 – Cancel for a full refund or amend dates free of charge, up to 30 days before check in.*
*T’s & C’s apply.