Fashion blogger Anna has joined us from StyleandAnna.com to offer her amazing packing tips for those headed to Barbados this year!
Barbados is the perfect place for everyone. With the weather usually warm and sunny all year round, you have the option to experience the beautiful white beaches, exciting water sports, great local food, buzzing nightlife, and much more. With so much to see and do in Barbados, you could be concerned that you may not have everything need, or on the other hand, you might overpack. Here is a handy guide for all the essential items needed for a fortnight away in Barbados.
Day time clothing
Think about mixing and matching things. I tend to pack most items with a neutral colour, blacks, greys, and whites, then add a few items with a splash of colour. Lay everything out to ensure they match. Keep in mind that the amenities in the Villas include washing machines, so you don’t have to worry about dirty clothes!
- 5 tops
- 5 bottoms
- A light jacket or hoody
- Sandals or flip-flops
- Comfy Shoes for exploring the beautiful surroundings
- Day bag or Rucksack
For the partygoers, there are many bars and clubs, or for a quieter night, there are a variety of restaurants offering some delicious local cuisine. Or you can always just kick back in the villa, making use of the uh-mazing kitchen (and your own private chef) to cook some tasty food. Many outfits can look completely different depending on the shoes and accessories, bearing this in mind, you may be able to get away with wearing a daytime outfit with a formal jacket and shoes for an evening look.
- 3 dressy/formal outfits
- A lightweight, smart jacket.
- 1 pair of formal shoes
- Girls, don’t forget an evening bag and a statement necklace in order to dress up an outfit!
The beaches are just perfect, so no doubt a huge portion of your time will be spent soaking up the sun on one of the many beaches, or relaxing by our own private pool at the villa.
- 2 Swimwear options
- For the girls, a lightweight caftan.
- 1 Beach Towel
- Beach bag
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Suncream (make sure it’s a high SPF, both waterproof and sweatproof!)
- Face wipes
- Face wash
- Shower gel
- Contact lenses or glasses
- Paracetamol and any other medication needed
- Insect repellant
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Wallet with all documents; including Passports, Travel Insurance, Flight Details,
- Accommodation Information, Car Rental Information
- Camera, Phone, Tablet
- Plug Adaptors (American 2-pin plugs are in Barbados!)
- Any chargers needed
- Gym wear (For all you fitness buffs – who could say no to an early morning run across the picturesque white beaches, or make use of the fantastic gymnasiums that some villas have to offer!)
So there you go, a checklist for all the essentials needed for a fortnight in Barbados. Cross them out as you go to make sure that you don’t forget anything or you don’t pack too much! (If you do “forget” any clothing, it is a perfect excuse for a shopping spree in the fabulous shops of Barbados!)