For many, now’s the time to start planning a memorable family reunion with loved ones. But how much does a family reunion cost?
If left unchecked costs can quickly spiral out of control, particularly if you’re going away on vacation. We bring you some great stress-free tips on ensuring you keep to your planned budget. Because being able to enjoy all the fun memories of your family reunion is what it’s all about!
Ways to keep to a budget for your family reunion
- Firstly, how much do you want your family reunion to cost?
- Next, map out dates and your total budget for accommodation, activities and eating out/in.
- Save money by sending out your reunion invitiations via email. You’ll be able to scale the occasion up or down, depending on the confirmed numbers.
- When sourcing accommodation stay clear of pricey hotel rooms. Instead book a vacation rental, where a large group can easily gather and stay in comfort. The price per person per night will be so small, you’ll want to invite more to stay! The great thing about vacation villas is they are super flexbile and are equipped with modern amenities, generous space and special luxury amenities to help make your reunion the best yet.
- Gas is cheap, so if you can, drive to your reunion destination. This way you won’t be paying for individual flight seats. Plus you can stock up your car boot with groceries and any party equipment for your rental.
- Self-cater in your vacation home, to keep meal costs from spiralling. With our homes equipped with spacious and well-equipped kitchens and dining areas, you’ll have everything you need for preparing carefree meals. Many of our villas also offer outdoor kitchens and BBQs, for laid-back summertime dining. Remember, for a special treat you can always dine out or hire a private chef to come to your villa. They will prepare restaurant-quality cuisine in the privacy and intimacy of your vacation home, for an unforgettable experience!
- Buy in any beers or liquor and keep your fridge well-stocked, to avoid pricey rounds in bars.
- Pack your own party decorations to bring your reunion villa to life. Hosting your reunion events there will cut out the pricey cost of hiring a formal venue.
- Book a vacation villa with resort access to on-site amenities and activities – it’s the best way to keep everyone entertained for a set cost!
- Make free games to play inside your villa. Play sports or pool games, team-building exercises or classic board games.
- When looking to head out see what fun free things there are to do. Orlando in Florida for example has a wealth of affordable activities to enjoy, aside from the theme parks!
For the ultimate way to budget for your family reunion, plan ahead and book your villa 2-3 years in advance. Flexible payment options also mean you can spread the cost over 3-12 month period, so everyone in the group’s kept happy!
Stay with Top Villas
Whichever season you book your family reunion villa in, you’re guaranteed a first-class service. Our Guest Experience team is on hand to help enhance your vacation too, with our amazing travel extras.
What’s more, we make payments a breeze. Our new Affirm credit payment option* means you can spread the cost of your villa stay over a 3, 6 or 12 month period. Simply look out for properties with the Affirm banner.
Choosing our flex properties
Many of our family-friendly vacation rentals also benefit from our new flex cancellation policy. You’ll be free to cancel within the specificed time for any reason, for a full refund. Alternatively, amend your travel dates for free.
To benefit from this extra peace-of-mind, reserve a vacation home with one of the following badges:
- Flex 14 – Cancel for a full refund or amend your dates free of charge, up to 14 days before check in.*
- Flex 30 – Cancel for a full refund or amend dates free of charge, up to 30 days before check in.*
*T’s & C’s apply.