With many major holidays on hold this year, a growing trend are looking to 2022 to deliver their dream vacation. Not sure what the future holds? Use our handy guide to help you to plan a trip for 2022!
- Keep abreast of the current country Covid risks, with the latest CDC global travel map. You’ll be able to review current country Covid-19 risk levels and determine whether it’s safe to travel there. The handy map also advices on the country’s travel restrictions and recommendations for keeping safe. So you know the score.
- If you’ve had your vaccines and are offered a vaccine passport, grab the opportunity. They may well become the new worldwide health visa required to leave and enter into another country. In this way they will become just as important, if not more so, than your actual passport!
- Start early and book ahead. You’ll avoid the deluge of demand when holidays are firmly back on the table. You don’t want to be searching for the crusts of a break when you can enjoy the whole feast of a vacation! Make sure you have comprehensive travel insurance in place. Needless to say, one that will protect you from Covid-related delays and cancellations is essential.
- The same goes for booking your accommodation. Start early! You may prefer to reserve a vacation rental as opposed to a hotel room, for more space and luxury. Plus if Covid cases go up you won’t become as anxious when staying in your own secure unit. Book well in advance to make sure you don’t miss out on the best spots. Look for free flexible cancellation terms such as our Top Villas flex cancellation policy, to protect yourself should things change.
- When looking at 2022 destinations, staycations either locally or nationally still make sense. For one, if borders do close you won’t be stuck in a traumatic situation abroad, trying to get home. Many staycations offer the perfect opportunity to explore your beautiful country. What better way to discover what’s on your doorstep than with an epic USA road trip?
- Whether you jet off abroad or vacation at home, remember to stay safe and mindful. Pack your face masks, bring hand sanitizer, wash your hands frequently and practice social distancing wherever possible.
Stay with Top Villas
What’s more, we make payments a breeze. Our new Affirm credit payment option* means you can spread the cost of your villa stay over a 3, 6 or 12 month period. Simply look out for properties with the Affirm banner.
Choosing our flex properties
Many of our vacation rentals also benefit from our new flex cancellation policy. You’ll be free to cancel within the specificed time for any reason, for a full refund. Alternatively, amend your travel dates for free.
To benefit from this extra peace-of-mind, reserve a vacation home with one of the following badges:
- Flex 14 – Cancel for a full refund or amend your dates free of charge, up to 14 days before check in.*
- Flex 30 – Cancel for a full refund or amend dates free of charge, up to 30 days before check in.*
*T’s & C’s apply.