Travel tips and advice from our blog
Sorry, we've no blog posts for St. Peter yet.
St. Peter Travel Guide
Things to Do in St Peter
Barbados is said to have more attractions per square mile than any other Caribbean island so you'll be spoilt for choice for things to do during you luxury St Peter villa vacation. Visit the island's many exciting attractions and historic sites, enjoy water-based fun by the boat load and take an island tour to explore the rich rainforest, caves and coastal beaches. Visit the island's many towns, villages and resorts for great shopping, sightseeing and entertainment and get sporty with excellent facilities for golf, polo, cricket, tennis and more. With sun, sea, sand and an incredible range of activities to suit every interest and taste Barbados is the perfect place to call home during your Caribbean break.
Top Attractions in St James
- Farley Hill National Park – The ruins of a Georgian mansion overlooking the Atlantic Coast. Farley Hill is a picnic area, vista point and wedding venue and hosts the annual Barbados Jazz Festival and Gospelfest .
- Barbados Wildlife Reserve – Located across the road from Farley Hill Park the reerve is mainly used as a sanctuary for the Barbados Green Monkey.
- St Nicholas Abbey – A stunning Jacobean sugar plantation listed by the Barbados Tourism Authority as one of the seven wonders of Barbados
- St Peter's Bay – The heart of the Barbados Riviera this stunning stretch of north-west coastline is lined with white sand, clear sea and palm trees. The magnificent Port Ferdinand and Port St. Charles marinas are nearby as well as the exclusive Apes Hill Golf Club.
- Arlington House Museum – An interactive three-storey museum located in the northern town of Speightstown. All the family will enjoy learning about the island's first settlers and heritage.
Restaurants in St Peter
Barbados is home to an abundance of restaurants offering everything from local cuisine, seafood, international dishes and more. The vast range of dining options across the island ensures there is something to suit every taste and budget.
- Island Plates – Found in Town Square Speightstown this Caribbean venue serves traditional dishes such as pan seared fish, shrimp pasta and chicken curry.
- The Fish Pot – Serving a variety of international cuisine this excellent restaurant is located on the beach in Shermans, St Peter.
- Jumas Restaurant – Jumas is an oceanfront eatery serving eclectic Bajan, Thai and classic French dishes. All tables enjoy stunning sea views. Loacted in West End Queen Street.
- Mullins Restaurant – This friendly restaurant in Gibbs, St Peter boasts a laid beach bar atmosphere serving seafood, local and international cuisine.
- The Terrace Restaurant – Located in Cobbler's Cove hotel this fine dining venue boasts award winning cuisine and outstanding service. An elegant dress code applies in the evening.
Barbados is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world each as diverse as the island itself with something to suit everyone. Powder white sands and palm fringed shores are a familiar sight on the west coast where the waters are clear and calm. In the south you'll find livelier waters ideal for water sports. The dramatic east coast is a surfer's paradise pummelled by the Atlantic Ocean and in the north stunning coral and sandstone cliffs rise hundreds of feet up out of the sea. Many of our luxury beach villas in Barbados are located in the parish of St Peter near to local bays and within easy reach of the best beaches in Barbados.
Top 5 Beaches in St. Peter
- Mullins Beach - One of the most popular beaches on the west coast, this is a great place to relax under a parasol or palm tree, grab and drink at the beach bar, enjoy an evening meal or venture out on a jet ski.
- St. Peter's Bay - A stunning stretch of coastline known as the Barbados Riviera and home to the immaculate St Peter's Bay resort. Mullins Beach, Gibbs Beach and Speightstown are within easy reach, with Arlington House Museum and St. Peter Parish Church nearby.
- Gibbes Beach – One of the most tranquil beaches in Barbados, Gibbes forms part of the legendary Platinum Coast, perfect for relaxing, swimming, water sports and snorkelling.
- Heywood's Beach – Located in the north-west this quiet but beautiful beach is great for all the family with calm open seas and smaller rock pools perfect for little ones. The shallow reefs are ideal for snorkelling.
- Sandy Lane Beach – This exclusive beach located south of Holetown is easy to access from St Peter. Home to calm seas, white sands and one of the finest resorts in the Caribbean this luxurious bay is known as a playground for the rich and famous.
Shopping In & Around St Peter
Shopping in Barbados is a dream come true with a vast range high-quality, duty free merchandise on offer all over the island. The capital city of Bridgetown is home to the largest selection of shopping malls, department stores, duty free shops and speciality stores; and on the outskirts you’ll find Bayshore Complex and Pelican Village for an array of imported products, local handicrafts, duty free items, jewellery, local rums and more.
Holetown in St James is just a short ride from St Peter with plenty of malls, shops, local stores and street vendors. In St Peter itself you will find the city of Speightstown with its array of quaint malls, craft shops, gift stores, street vendors and plazas. Sidewalk vendors offer fresh fruit and vegetables for sale, and locally caught fish freshly unloaded along the jetty. The Esplanade at Fort Denmark and the Fisheries Complex are both great for shopping. Also check out The Frangipani Art Gallery and the Gallery of Caribbean Art which feature work by local artists.
Best Shopping In & Around St Peter
- Speightstown - Here you will find many historic buildings along Queen St, Orange St and Church St. The Gallery of Caribbean Art showcases works by local artists and the town has a great range of shopping areas and stalls selling local and imported goods including the Speightstown Esplanade and the Fisheries Complex. Many of our luxury villas in St Peter are located nearby.
- Broad Street, Bridgetown – Here you will find numerous malls, stores and duty free shops. Check out The Royal Shop, Diamonds International for jewellery or head to the Pelican Craft Centre next to Bridgetown Port for locally produced handicrafts and souvenirs at great prices.
- Holetown – Here you will find Sunset Crest Shopping Centre and a Chattel Village shopping area great for jewellery, clothing and electrical goods and local handicrafts. Limegrove Lifestyle Centre features designer clothing, jewellery and home ware shops, several restaurants and a boutique cinema
- St James – Home to the West Coast Mall, Sunset Crest, and a variety of stores and super centres selling a wide selection of imported goods, duty free items and designers goods plus plenty of hand-crafted goods and local food and drink.
- St Thomas – Take a trip to St Thomas and check out Earthworks for stunning locally produced pottery. The family-run business will arrange for your purchases to be shipped home for your convenience. On the south coast you will find the Sheraton Centre in Christ Church parish and the Quayside Centre opposite Accra Beach. Book your luxury vacation rental in St Peter today and be sure to shop til you drop!
About St.Peter Villas
Our luxury villas in St Peter are sure to fulfil all of your Barbados vacation dreams. Our secure and gated homes are nestled in tropical surroundings and stunning resorts close to powder white sands, crystal clear seas, historic sites and everything that this breath-taking island has to offer.
There's no better place to stay during your Barbados vacation than our exquisite holiday rentals in St Peter, with everything you need just a stone's throw away including sumptuous restaurants, tropical beaches, great duty free shops and some of the best golf courses in the world.
Located on the legendary Platinum Coast our vacation rentals in St Peter have plenty of space for large groups or all the family. Check out our special occasions villas in St Peter which offer spacious accommodation in Barbados for weddings, corporate events, golfing holidays and more!
Our collection of St Peter villas with pools all offer bright and spacious accommodation with sumptuous furnishings, en-suite bedrooms, private swimming pools and excellent amenities. Some homes come complete with attentive staff, water sports equipment and added extras sure to impress even the most discerning guests.
- Stunning beachfront or landscaped locations
- Private infinity pools and Jacuzzis
- Sweeping coastline views
- Landscaped grounds and water features
- Watersport equipment, tennis courts and boat docks with some homes
- Designer interiors
- Private staff
- Entertainment rooms
- Four poster and king-size beds with en-suite bathrooms
- State-of-the-art amenities
- Large sun terraces and balconies
- Located near to the beach, town, restaurants and bars
- Perfect for special occasions, weddings, corporate events or golf breaks in Barbados.
For more information or to book your luxury accommodation in St Peter book online or call the Top Villas team today.
Charming 3 bedroom apartment, with direct access to the beach
St. Peter homeowner?
Need more bookings, or a better management company?
List your villa today and become a member of the world's most exciting luxury villa rental website.
Need a better management company? We can provide comprehensive property management services to meet the needs of both homeowners and tenants.
We're available 24/7 to offer help and advice, just call 1-866-341-8086 or contact us another way.
Luxury, beachfront 3 bedroom villa, stunning sunsets and jacuzzi
Gibbs Beach 26 in Gibbs Beach
5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
6.5 Bathrooms, 6,000 sq.ft
Barbados 104 in St. Peter
5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
Latitude, Gibbes- St. Peter
Gibbs Beach 22 in Gibbs Beach
4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8