- Sleeps 10
- 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 shower rooms, 4 WCs
- PROVATE 12m x 6m POOL
- LOVELY VIEWS
- EXTENSIVE PRIVATE PARKLAND
Good to know
- Nearest shops and restaurants in Lalinde, 2.5 miles
- Beaumont-du-Perigord, 6 miles
- Dordogne riverside beach, 3 miles
- Lanquais lake, 5 miles
- Monpazier, 14 miles
- Pecharmant vineyards, 18 miles
- Bergerac and airport, 18 miles
- Bordeaux airport, 84 miles
- Golf course Les Merles, 5 miles or 15 miles
- Canoeing, 3 miles
- Cycling and fishing available locally
Dordogne exclusive chateau for rent - Set in the wooded hills of the Dordogne valley, within a large private estate dating back to the 13th century, this aristocratic residence is just a few minutes' drive from the quaint market villages of Lalinde and Beaumont-du-Perigord. Both offer attractive cafes, shops and restaurants, with the additional advantage of being well placed to reach the Dordogne river for many outdoor pursuits.
Steeped in history, Chateau de la Rose has been with the same family for the last three centuries and is now listed among the Historical Residences of Character. The interior is elegant yet sober, with French period furniture, vaulted ceilings, open fireplaces and thick stone walls exuding charm throughout. The extensive parkland that surrounds the property comprises large lawned areas as well as many walking and cycling trails through the woods: what better way to familiarise yourself with the domain!
This tranquil rural area of the Dordogne is perfect for walking, cycling and for a range of outdoor water sports such as canoeing and swimming in the Dordogne river. As you leave this stunning property, you will find yourself surrounded by a beautiful and inspiring landscape dotted with vineyards, elegant chateaux, ornamental gardens and picturesque villages with much to offer their visitors. Some of the most remarkable bastide towns in France can be found in this area including Monpazier, Domme, Villefranche and Beaumont, not to mention the pretty villages of La Roque Gageac and Limeuil. Within 18 miles of the chateau is the town of Bergerac and its convenient airport connecting the UK with this beautiful region of South West France.
- Entrance hall.
- Library/ study.
- Living room, (TV), fireplace.
- Dining room, arched ceiling, open fireplace.
- Shower room.
- Separate WC.
- Twin bedroom (2 x 0.80m), fireplace, ensuite shower room, WC.
- Twin bedroom (2 x 0.80m), fireplace, wash basin, connecting door to adjacent twin bedroom.
- Twin bedroom (2 x 0.80m), accessed from corridor and from adjacent bedroom, ensuite bathroom, WC.
- Separate WC.
- Double bedroom (1.80), wash basin.
- Tower: Master double bedroom (1.80m), fireplace, small living area, ensuite bathroom, shower, WC.
260 acres of parkland, lawned areas, woodland walks and trails. 12m x 6m pool (depth: 0.80m -1.90m; Roman steps). Large dining terrace, outdoor dining facilities, portable charcoal BBQ and plancha. Garden features, well (care with children). Family chapel. Helipad. Parking for 4 cars.
- Please note: the discreet owners live in a wing of the property with independent access and gardens. They are available to help, if needed. A regular tenant periodically occupies another, separate part of the estate sharing only the driveway but none of the facilities/gardens etc.
- WiFi Internet
- 2 hours maid service on Saturday for 2 week rentals
- Additional maid service 15 euros per hour
- No Telephone
- Winter Heating at cost
All villas come equipped with bed linen and towels, cutlery, utensils and usual furnishings required for a self catering rental. All villas have a final clean included (this is a clean that reflects reasonable use of the property). Unless specified, villas will usually have a washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and other modern conveniences. These are not usually specifically listed on the property description online, however please ask if the presence of one of these items is important to your stay