- Sleeps 7
- 4 bedrooms
- 4 shower rooms
- 3 WCs
- PRIVATE 10m x 5m HEATED POOL
- 3 AIR-CONDITIONED BEDROOMS
- BOULES/GAMES PITCH
Good to know
- Auberge within walking distance
- Souillac 5 miles (direct train to Paris Austerlitz 5 hours)
- Sarlat-le-Caneda 10 miles
- Rocamadour 11 miles
- Martel 16 miles
- Brive airport 23 miles
- Gouffre de Padirac 29 miles
- Cahors 36 miles
- Bergerac airport approx. 2 hours
- Fishing, kayaking, horse riding, children's treetop adventure parks and golf within easy driving distance
Dordogne villa for rent - a delightful property, in the form of an ivy-covered rectory beside the old church of Nadaillac de Rouge, where the bells still chime three times a day, although sadly not in July or August! Built of local stone in a typically Perigordian style, with flagstone floors, wooden beams and a large inglenook fireplace, La Retraite exudes comfort and relaxation whatever the time of year. A heated pool and air conditioning in two of the bedrooms adds that extra appeal. The tiny village boasts an auberge serving local cuisine, just a short walk from the villa, and you will find more restaurants as well as shops, supermarket, banks and post office in the local towns of Souillac, Peyrac and St Julien de Lampon.
You are very well-positioned here for all the delights of the Dordogne and Lot regions, and there is plenty to see and do. The Dordogne River is just a few miles from La Retraite: you can go canoeing, kayaking or fishing, or perhaps take a relaxing trip along the river on one of the traditional flat-bottomed boats (gabares), just soaking up the scenery. This area is also world famous for its many caves with ancient wall paintings and spectacular rock formations: an underwater boat ride through the ancient caves at nearby Gouffre de Padirac would make a memorable holiday experience for holidaymakers of all ages. Nearby Rocamadour, France' s second most visited tourist attraction after Le Mont St-Michel, is a culturally significant town, and quite a magical sight with its golden houses clinging to the side of a cliff over the Alzou canyon. There are numerous little towns to visit in this region: you probably won't want to miss the medieval town of Sarlat and its renowned market, and Domme and Martel are other possibilities. Activities such as hot air ballooning, riding and cycling are also available, as well as children's adventure parks.
This villa offers a welcome respite from the modern world. The villa has a very special, timeless quality about it. The dark night-time skies are just perfect for star-gazing, and with its rural, tranquil setting and proximity to a myriad of local attractions, this charming and welcoming Dordogne villa for rent is a real gem.
- Living and dining room
- Exposed beams
- Large open fireplace
- TV, DVD and stereo
- Fully equipped kitchen & breakfast room
- Shower room with separate WC
- Double bedroom (1.60m) with TV, CD and air conditioning
- Master twin or double bedroom (1.80m or 2 x 90cm).An ensuite walk-in shower room, WC.Beamed ceiling,floor lighting and air-conditioning. Personal TV and safe
- Twin or double bedroom (1.80m or 2 x 90cm - electronic head & feet raise mattress) Beamed ceiling and air-conditioning. TV, CD and safe. Integral shower room
- Separate shower room, WC
- Single child's bedroom (80cm bed)
Part of the stairs has no handrail - take extra care with children
Partially enclosed; vine-covered dining terrace overlooking pool and garden with lovely views over the surrounding countryside, pretty grounds with fruit trees, large lawn, barbecue.
Additional terrace opposite the swimming pool, private 10m x 5m heated pool, boules pitch (can also be used for badminton, basketball, football and volleyball - balls provided).
Parking for several cars, sensor lighting in parking area. All paths, terraces and steps are illuminated.
- Air conditioning & winter heating
- WiFi internet
- Telephone (to landlines in Europe only)
- Maid service on request
- Pool heating 100 Euro per week
All villas come equipped with bed linen and towels, cutlery, utensils and usual furnishings required for a self catering rental. All villas have a final clean included (this is a clean that reflects reasonable use of the property). Unless specified, villas will usually have a washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and other modern conveniences. These are not usually specifically listed on the property description online, however please ask if the presence of one of these items is important to your stay