SeaWorld Orlando is a theme park for animal lovers! Especially ‘animals’ of the sea or those who like the water. Here you’ll find some of our favourite marine life – dolphins, beluga whales, killer whales, manatees, sting rays, sea turtles, sharks, sea lions, walruses, penguins and pelicans as well as beautiful polar bears.
You’ll find SeaWorld on International Drive just minutes from our Disney villas so visiting will be easy.
Top 3 Animal Experiences
- Be one of the lucky few to ‘talk’ and touch the intriguing white Beluga whales once you’ve squeezed into a wet suit. These Arctic creatures turn white as they get older. It acts as camouflage as they swim beneath sheets of ice.
- Take the hour long Penguin Encounter Tour and meet a penguin. You get to talk to their keepers about how they care for 300 penguins that call SeaWorld home. You’ll see Emperor Penguins, Adelie which are smaller as well as Gentoo and Macaroni Penguins.
- Visit the Polar Bears. Who can believe these adorable-looking creatures are one of the fiercest predators in the world? Their ability to survive in the icy Arctic, run at 25 miles per hour and swim is just a clue as to how they survive and hunt for their food. Male bears can grow to heights of 12 foot too. Not something you’d want to argue with. You can see them in the Wild Arctic Attraction – safely behind glass. You’ll also get to meet Beluga whales and walruses on this tour too.
Top 3 Adrenalin -Fuelled Rides
- If you love water, try the Journey to Atlantis ride. This water slide will plummet you into the water – well it is SeaWorld. As you leave the ride you can see the Jewell of the Sea Aquarium full of some of the most amazing tropical and colourful fish.
- Are you a roller coaster junkie? You won’t be disappointed with Kraken as it’s ranked as one of the world’s top coasters. Making you really aware of the water below you, this floorless ride takes you to the extremes – higher, faster and longer drops.
- Or pretend to be a giant ray on the Manta ride. You’ll feel like you’re flying and we can already hear the screams as you tip over face down, nose diving towards the water. Don’t fancy the make-believe? See the Manta Aquarium which has 100+ rays ‘flying through the water’ amongst 100’s of tropical fish.
Top 3 Other Attractions
- Swim with the turtles on their long sea journey on Turtle Trek. This is a great experience in a 3D domed theatre. The technology allows you to feel as though you are swimming with the turtles. You take the trip with them as they leave the beach where they’ve hatched and eventually return to lay their own eggs. You’ll also learn how you can help to protect turtles in small ways when you visit the coast.
- The very popular Dine with Shamu has just reopened. You enjoy your delicious eco-friendly meal alongside the water enclosure where the majestic whales swim. You’ll get to watch the amazing interaction between the killer whales and their trainers and learn things we can all do to preserve our ocean reserves.
- Next spring Antarctica – Empire of the Penguins will open at SeaWorld. This 3D journey takes you all the way to Antarctica at the southern tip of the world to walk with the penguins on ice that’s more than 9,000 feet thick. You’ll see it all through the eyes of a penguin.
SeaWorld really is trying to give you an insight into how our sea creatures live and survive in the oceans. They are also keen to promote the conservation of all the creatures that you can see at the park, especially those whose existence is endangered.
Just recently they released 2 rehabilitated, loggerhead turtles back into the ocean at Canaveral National Seashore. This is an ongoing SeaWorld mission to help ill or injured animals so that they can return to their natural habitat. Their rescue team is on call 24/7.
If SeaWorld gives you another reason to visit Orlando, book one of our luxury vacation rentals in Orlando now. It’s as easy as taking that Journey to Atlantis!