Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival at DisneyWorld opened yesterday and will go on until 19th May. That’s plenty of time to book a late deal luxury villa close to Disney and pop along to see and taste the delights. Don’t forget to take advantage of the attraction ticket deals at the same time.
Exciting tastes await you
Disney’s Food and Beverage Department thought this was too good an opportunity to miss and have created some great pairings of food and drinks inspired by the local produce.
Here are some of the treats:
- Florida’s Orange Blossom Beer with a hint of honey
- 3R Raspberry Ale which is also gluten free so that allergy sufferers don’t miss out
- Mango Mama wine made with mangoes
- Blueberry Blue wine which you’ll probably have guessed is made from blueberries
- Watermelon Quencher cocktail made with watermelon, sugar cane and vodka will do just what it says ‘on the bottle’
- Florida Hot Sun wine made from tomatoes – works surprisingly well with the Shrimp and Grits
We’re sure you won’t be able to choose between the interesting combination of watermelon, pickled red onions, arugula and feta cheese salad or the more traditional Heirloom tomatoes and house-made mozzarella salad. So why not try them both? You are on holiday after all! One thing is for sure, they are both great washed down with one of the Festival’s fruit-based drinks.
Who could resist a Peach Bellini at the Italian Primavera Kitchen or a Toasted Lager at the German Farmer’s market? Of course you might be more inclined to try the Peach Oolong Bubble Tea at the Lotus House or even an Earl Grey at The Cottage.
The Flower and Garden Festival will leave you truly inspired. So much so that you’ll be eager to head back to your nearby Orlando vacation rental, cook up a feast in your summer kitchen and dine al fresco in the evening sun.