There’s nothing more rock ‘n roll than being a groupie. That’s effectively what you become when you choose to ride the Rock ‘n Roll Coaster at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
This coaster ride which is one of the fastest is aimed at big kids, teens and adults. The gravitational pull as it takes off is faster and more intense than take off in a space shuttle. If this sounds like the sort of thrill you can’t resist then you can be there almost as fast as that 2.8 second take off from your luxury villa rental near Disney.
Thrill seekers this way
The Rock ‘n Roll coaster takes you on a thrilling limo ride across LA as groupie guests of the band Aerosmith. They’re late for a concert and you’ve been given complimentary tickets for the show as they had to break off their recording rehearsal that you were watching.
The limo, a 24-seater twists and turns as it rushes to the gig. You get to see LA from all angles whilst a soundtrack by the band throbs in your ears from the 5 speakers in your car. Each of the 5 cars gets a different musical accompaniment from a series of tracks recorded by Aerosmith specifically for the coaster ride.
Not for the feint-hearted
You start this journey quite calmly watching the band in their recording studio but before you know it they’re rushing to their gig and you’re going with them. The limo blast off leaps into action going from 0 – 60mph in less than 3 seconds.
As you race across Los Angeles you’ll experience 3 inversions and get to see LA ‘s iconic landmarks and districts from an unusual upside down perspective.
- Children must be 48 inches (122cm) or taller
- Children should be supervised throughout the ride; those under the age of 7 must be accompanied by an adult of 14 or over
- Not advised for those with heart conditions, high blood pressure, back or neck problems
- Motion sickness could be aggravated by this ride
- Expectant mothers shouldn’t ride
- Guests who suffer from disabilities must be able to transfer from a wheelchair to the ride (and from a motorised vehicle to a provided wheelchair)
- You can use FASTpass or Rider Swap on this attraction