A round or two of golf whilst you’re on vacation is always good. You get some exercise and enjoy the outdoor life and Disney’s courses are close to your villa near Disney too.
Disney has five courses in the area:
Named after the fragrant magnolia trees around the course, the design really brings the natural elements alive and uses all the areas natural features. It’s got a 4 star rating from Golf Digest. Wide fairways and 97 bunkers, Magnolia offers challenges for all levels of players over its 18 holes.
Disney Palm has lakes, tropical islands and palm trees as part of its design. No wonder this 18 hole course is described as ‘majestic’. It also has elevated greens, water holes, 94 bunkers and woods as well as some challenges for players along the way.
Disney Osprey Ridge
Another great 18 hole course with dramatic plays through a recognised wildlife sanctuary in the woodlands and wetlands around it. The course was designed by Tom Fazio, has a 4.5 rating and is acknowledged as one of the best courses in Florida. Osprey Ridge has 7 x 101 yards and par 72. A great course for serious players as well as those who have a more causal approach.
Disney Lake Buena Vista
Your skills are put to the test on the 7th island green hole as this 19 hole course meanders through pine forests, lakes and even pastel coloured holiday villas.
Disney Oak Trail
Designed by Ron Garl, this 9 hole course is great for all the family to enjoy some competitive sport and the natural surroundings. Keep a look out for deer or wild turkeys wandering out of its woodlands. The course is 2,913 yards par 36 and still offers challenges for the more experienced especially at holes 5, 6 and 7 which go round a deep canal and pond.
You can gain entry to this course via one of our Special Deal Disney tickets.
Tips for all courses
- Make sure you book tee times before you go to avoid disappointment
- Wear golf attire idea i.e. collared polo shirts, slacks or Bermuda style shorts
- N B No metal spiked shoes at any of the courses
- You can hire clubs and buggies at all clubs
- All courses have golf carts ustilising GPS technology with great images of upcoming greens and hazards with the exception of the Disney Oak Trail course which is a walking course
- All courses have practice facilities and Club Houses with pro shops for equipment or souvenirs
After a good day’s golfing, you can return to your luxury Orlando villa which will be just minutes away from whichever course you choose.