Have a splashing time at Typhoon Lagoon – the largest and most visited water park in the world – just moments from your Top Villas doorstep.
Legend has it that a typhoon once wreaked havoc upon a formerly pristine paradise tossing ships, trees and surfboards into oblivion. From the storm-soaked chaos a 56-acre water world was formed, full of winding waterways, rapid rivers and snaking slides.
It was called Typhoon Lagoon!
The park’s centrepiece is an ill-fated shrimp ship named Missy Tilly. It is said she was mired by the storm and now lies impaled upon theMount Mayday volcano which erupts every 30 minutes, spurting a 50-foot water spray into the air in a bid to dislodge the boat.
Snorkel in Shark Reef, ride the waves in Surf Pool, or get swept away on Castaway Creek at this awesome aquatic adventure located a short ride away from your Orlando vacation rental.
Expect to find plenty to do for everyone with nine wild waterslides and numerous thrill rides, lazy rivers and relaxation areas for young and old alike.
The Crush ‘n’ Gusher ride
No trip to Typhoon Lagoon is complete without a turn on the park’s newest Crush ‘n’ Gusher ride.
Dare to take the plunge on your own, or ride with friends on this white-knuckle thrill ride that propels guests along 400 feet of twisting-turning chaos.
Choose to ride the Banana Blaster, Coconut Crusher, or Pineapple Plunger slide on this raft ride, themed around an old and abandoned fruit processing centre.
Get blasted about, dropped into dikes and projected into pandemonium as powerful jets pump 1,350 gallons of water per minute to propel you into your very own fruit cocktail…
And you are the main ingredient!
Other Attractions at Typhoon Lagoon Include:
- Castaway Creek – A gently winding river ride for all ages
- Surf Pool – A giant wave pool suitable for all guests, surf lessons are available upon request
- Ketchakiddee Creek – A kid-size aquatic adventure area
- GangPlank Falls- A 300-ft long family raft ride
- Humunga Kowabunga - Three fully-enclosed plunge body slides
- Shark Reef – Guests can snorkel with sharks, stingrays and tropical fish in this saltwater tank experience.
- Keelhaul Fall – A mountain slide through a waterfall and a cave tunnel.
- MaydayFalls- A wild rapid mountain ride
- Sandy White Beach- A chill-out area offering lounge chairs, hammocks, umbrellas and beautiful views
- Storm Slides – Fast-paced plunging waterslides
- Lockers are available at this park.
- Shoes or flip-flops are advisable as the floors get hot in the sun.
- Beachcomber Shacks are available for rent including chairs, a stocked cooler, towel service and private locker. These patio shacks also include a personal attendant and waiter service.
- An elevator is available for disabled guests.
- Highly trained and qualified lifeguards are on duty at all times.