- Sleeps 12
- 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 2 shower rooms, 7 WCs
- PRIVATE 12m x 5m POOL
Good to know
- Gravelle (small restaurant, bakery and bar/deli), 1 mile
- Marsac, 3.5 miles
- Perigueux, 6.5 miles
- Sarlat, Domme, Brantome, Les Eyzies and Saint Emilion within one hour
- Bergerac airport, 28 miles
- Tennis locally
- Golf, 5 minutes
- Canoeing and kayaking on the Dordogne and Isle rivers
Beautiful holiday chateau in Dordogne - this beautifully refurbished 16th century chateau lies on the edge of the tiny village of Siorac just outside Annesse-et-Beaulieu in the Perigord region of the Dordogne. The chateau is steeped in history, which can be seen in the carefully preserved features ranging from fine wood panelling to ornate stone fireplaces, from family crests to mosaics created by craftsmen.
Chateau des Chevaliers sits on high ground with commanding views across Siorac and the valley of the River Isle. Nearby Perigueux, the capital of the Dordogne, is one of the largest Renaissance towns in France. The cathedral of St Front is the largest church in the south west and is one of the stops along the pilgrimage route to Saint-Jacques-de-Compostelle, marked by golden shells, which also passes in front of Chateau des Chevaliers.
You will find a bakery, small restaurant and bar/delicatessen about a mile or so from the chateau, with supermarkets and other shops about five minutes' drive. Local markets and a wide range of shops and restaurants are to be found in the beautiful towns of the Perigord, such as Brantome, Sarlat, Bergerac and the important wine town of Saint Emilion. This is a gastronomic region with a wide choice of locally produced wines to accompany local delicacies such as duck and foie gras; other specialities include mushrooms, walnuts and truffles.
- Please note - smoking is not permitted in the chateau.
- Drawing room Fireplace
- Large, formal, wood panelled dining room , Renaissance fireplace.
- Living room (TV,DVD,CD).
- Fully equipped kitchen/breakfast room .
- Double bedroom (1.60m), ensuite shower room in the eastern tower, WC.
- Large double bedroom suite (1.80m), stone fireplace, reading room with frescos depicting scenes from the 18th century, ensuite bathroom in the western tower, WC.
- Double bedroom (2 x 1.60m double beds), ensuite bathroom , WC.
- Double bedroom (2m), wood panelling, stone fireplace, ensuite bathroom , WC.
- Double bedroom (1.60m), ensuite shower room , WC.
- Billiard room with full sized table.
- Double bedroom suite (1.80m), dressing room, ensuite bathroom with shower cubicle, WC.
16 hectares of grounds with formal gardens, woodland with shady pathways. Outdoor dining, gas barbecue. Private 12m x 5m pool. Table tennis. Ample parking.
- 2 hours daily maid service each Tuesday and Thursday
- WiFi Internet
All villas come equipped with bed linen and towels, cutlery, utensils and usual furnishings required for a self catering rental. All villas have a final clean included (this is a clean that reflects reasonable use of the property). Unless specified, villas will usually have a washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and other modern conveniences. These are not usually specifically listed on the property description online, however please ask if the presence of one of these items is important to your stay