- Sleeps 14
- MAIN VILLA: 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 2 shower rooms, 7 WCs
- ANNEX: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 WCs
- PRIVATE 15m x 4m HEATED SALT WATER POOL
- CHEF FOR 5 EVENINGS PER WEEK IN JUNE, JULY AND AUGUST
Good to know
- Aix-en-Provence, 2 miles.
- Marseille airport, 16 miles.
- TGV station, 9 miles.
- Coast at Cassis, 28 miles.
- Avignon, 53 miles.
- 2 golf courses, 4 & 12 miles away.
- Tennis, 1.25 miles.
Aix-en-Provence holiday chateau - this wonderful, ivy clad property lies just outside the beautiful city of Aix-en-Provence. Extensive woodland and formal parterre gardens with an elegant, black-lined pool set the scene for this stunning property; and once inside you will not be disappointed by the sumptuous and extravagant furnishings and classic architectural features.
Aix-en-Provence is one of France's most beautiful university cities with a wealth of museums, art galleries, shops, and Michelin-star restaurants, as well as a fascinating old town. Musical events held during the summer months range from classical and jazz concerts to opera, ballet and a piano festival in nearby La Roque d'Anteron.
If you find time to venture away from this Aix-en-Provence chateau and explore Provence, the Luberon National Park, the Alpilles hills and the Camargue nature reserve are all within easy striking distance, as is the rocky coastline around Cassis just 28 miles away.
- Main kitchen, doors to dining terrace.
- Dining room.
- Guest WC.
- Grand Salon, living area with open fireplace, French doors to covered terrace overlooking pool and gardens.
- Dining area.
- Second dining room/sitting room.
- Double bedroom suite (1.60m 4-poster bed), ensuite bathroom, WC.
- Twin bedroom suite (90cm), ensuite bathroom, WC.
- Double bedroom suite (2m), ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower, WC.
- Separate shower room, WC.
- Small kitchen/breakfast room
- Library (TV,DVD,CD).
- Double bedroom suite (2m 4-poster bed), ensuite walk-in shower room, WC.
- Large double bedroom suite (2m), sitting room, French doors to sun terrace and balcony; ensuite bathroom and WC (next to dressing room).
- Twin bedroom (90cm), ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower, WC.
- Double bedroom (1.40m), small terrace, ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower, WC.
2 hectares of woodland and formal gardens. Fountain. Several terraces and pergolas with ample outdoor dining, gas barbecue. Gated 15m x 4m heated salt water overflow pool (one depth 1.5m). Pool house with changing room, walk-in shower, WC. Boules pitch. Ample parking. The caretaker and his 2 dogs live unobtrusively on site with independent access.
- 5 hours maid service 6 days per week.
- Chef (David Dumon) to prepare 5 evening meals per week (June, July, August only - food at extra cost).
- WiFi Internet
- Pool Heating, 300 euros per week.
- Winter Heating.
- Additional chef at 30 euros per hour.
- Additional maid service at 10 euros per hour.
- Airport transfers.
All villas come equipped with bed linen and towels, cutlery, utensils and usual furnishings required for a self catering rental. All villas have a final clean included (this is a clean that reflects reasonable use of the property). Unless specified, villas will usually have a washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and other modern conveniences. These are not usually specifically listed on the property description online, however please ask if the presence of one of these items is important to your stay